Bromley v Imps

Bromley 1 Imps 1

Jack Muldoon replaced Macauley Bonne in the City starting line-up whilst Theo Robinson, who has joined on a non-contract basis, was named on the bench as the Imps travelled to Bromley for their latest Vanarama National League fixture.

Conditions were overcast as referee Anthony Serrano led the two teams out of the tunnel, with City once again in their away strip of green shirts, white shorts and green socks.

Bromley kicked off and were the early recipients of a free-kick after Luke Waterfall went in from behind on Adam Cunnington. Blair Turgott saw his set-piece deflect off the City wall and out for a corner which ended up seeing the ball bounce around the box before Rob Swaine forced Paul Farman into a save to his left.

In the eighth minute Cunnington headed a cross over at full stretch as the hosts enjoyed a promising start to the game whilst at the other end it took a superb save from Alan Julian to keep the game goalless after Swaine sliced a Beevers cross towards his own goal. The corner ended up seeing Sean Raggett head wide.

On the quarter-hour mark a good spell of pressure by the Imps ended with an Anderson cross being cleared out for a corner. Nathan Arnold's delivery was cleared out for another flag-kick which was almost met by the head of Matt Rhead.

City were getting more into the game now, playing some good stuff on a surface made somewhat greasy by a shower of rain against a Bromley side who were more direct and looking to pump balls forward to Cunnington in attack.

After weathering the brief storm Bromley forced a couple corners and after the second was claimed by Farman, he was stopped from releasing the ball by Tobi Sho-Silva who earned a 25th minute yellow card for his troubles.

Cunnington joined Sho-Silva in the book three minutes later following a late challenge on Raggett and they were followed by Swaine after he blocked Rhead off the ball.

Woodyard then went down holding his face following an aerial challenge and when Muldoon questioned the lack of a free-kick he was shown a yellow card. The busy Mr Serrano then got his book out for the fifth time in 11 minutes with Raggett the next on the list following a tug on David Martin.

When play was allowed to take place Martin dragged a shot well wide following a quickly-taken Bromley corner before Sam Habergham was forced to head behind after a cross came in from the home left. A seventh Bromley corner quickly followed but Rhead, as he did at the previous one, was back to head clear.

The half ended after three additional minutes of play.


Both teams were unchanged as the Imps restarted proceedings and City were quickly out of the traps and opened the scoring less than a minute into the second period; HARRY ANDERSON cutting in from the left before drilling low past Julian, the ball nestling in the net via the inside of the left-hand upright.

Muldoon was denied by a fine Julian save as the Imps looked for a quick second and shortly afterwards Woodyard picked up a 53rd minute booking for a late challenge on Reece Prestedge, who was replaced by Lee Minshull a minute later.

City were also forced to make a change with Nathan Arnold picking up a knock. Tom Champion was his replacement as the clock ticked towards the hour mark, which saw Waterfall head a deep Habergham corner into the side netting.

Bromley forced three corners in quick succession before Cunnington headed over after Farman got a fingertip on a cross whilst at the other end a great piece of skill by Muldoon saw him beat his man and square for Anderson who was denied by Julian.

Bromley were quick to respond and when Champion gave possession away cheaply to Minshull he set up Turgott who fired low past Farman with the aid of a deflection.

Macauley Bonne for Matt Rhead was City's second change whilst Daniel Ajakaiye for David Martin was the hosts. Ajakaiye was quickly in the action, drawing a foul out of Habergham who picked up a booking.

With 13 minutes on the clock Julian came quickly off his line to block from Anderson after Muldoon had opened up the Bromley back-line with a run across the box whilst at the other end Farman pulled off a great save as he pushed away a Swaine header following a dangerous free-kick into the box.

A struggling Bradley Wood, who went down holding the base of his back, was replaced by Theo Robinson in the 84th minute. A minute later a superb save by Farman saw him deny Ajakaiye who was one-on-one with the City stopper following slips by both Champion and Raggett.

Jordan Higgs hacked down Anderson and saw yellow and when Habergham picked out Raggett from the free-kick the centre-back headed straight at Julian. Jack Holland for Adam Cunnington was Bromley's final change of the game.

A minimum of five additional minutes was indicated by the Fourth Official and these passed without further incident so City were forced to settle for a solitary point when referee Serrano blew for time.


1    Paul FARMAN
2    Bradley WOOD
7    Jack MULDOON
9    Matt RHEAD
12    Harry ANDERSON
18    Lee BEEVERS
25    Sean RAGGETT
28    Nathan ARNOLD
30    Alex WOODYARD    

8    Alan POWER
11    Terry HAWKRIDGE
26    Tom CHAMPION (for ARNOLD 58)
29    Macauley BONNE (for RHEAD 68)
31    Theo ROBINSON (for WOOD 84)



1    Alan JULIAN
2    Joe HOWE
3    Daniel JOHNSON
5    Rob SWAINE
7    David MARTIN
13    Joe ANDERSON
14    Jordan HIGGS
16    Reece PRESTEDGE
17    Blair TURGOTT
20    Oluwatobi SHO-SILVA
6    Jack HOLLAND (for CUNNINGTON 89)
8    Lee MINSHULL (for PRESTEDGE 54)
12    Connor DYMOND
23    Max HUXTER
24    Daniel AJAKAIYE (for MARTIN 70)




REFEREE: Anthony Serrano
ASSISTANTS: Michael Ryan & Paul Lister
FOURTH OFFICIAL: Stuart Franklin

ATTENDANCE: 1,511 (304 City supporters)