FT: Imps 2 Woking 3

Match report...

Luke Waterfall and Matt Rhead replaced Chris Bush and Robbie McDaid for this final home game of the season against Woking, who were unchanged from their midweek reverse against Grimsby Town.

After a minute's applause in memory of Lincoln & District Football Supporters Club chairman Mike Pryor who sadly passed away a fortnight ago, City kicked off attacking the Bridge McFarland Stand.

The first effort towards goal came in the second minute with Elliot Hodge trying his luck from range but his low effort bounced wide of the target and five minutes later a low Terry Hawkridge drive was tipped behind by Woking stopper Jake Cole but Bradley Wood headed the resultant corner over.

On the quarter-hour mark Rhead and Jack Muldoon exchanged passes before the latter was tripped 25 yards from goal. Muldoon took the free-kick himself but drilled a foot over.

Good work from Hodge saw him force a second City corner shortly afterwards; this ending with Callum Howe heading into Cole's gloves and the lack of penetration was duly punished in the 19th minute.
Woking's first corner led to them taking the lead with Kieran Murtagh getting on the end of the delivery to net via the underside of the bar.

Two minutes later and the visitors doubled their advantage; ex-Imp Jake Caprice had space and time on the right to weigh up a cross and there in acres of space to divert the ball past Paul Farman was Bruno Andrade.

City looked for a quick response but Cole pulled off a superb save to tip over a George Maris shot at point-blank range and on the half-hour mark Maris cut in from the left but saw his low skidding drive go inches wide of the post.

Hawkridge then picked out Howe with a free-kick but the centre-back headed over and in the 35th minute a late challenge on Wood earned MAtt Robinson a yellow card.

Cole denied City again four minutes later, this time from Muldoon who got on the end of a Rhead knock-down before setting his sights on goal.

The half ended after one additional minute of play.


There were no changes in personnel as Woking restarted the game but it was the Imps who were quickly out of the traps and when Hawkridge floated in a cross from the right there to head home his 20th league goal of the season was MATT RHEAD.

Straight from the kick-off and it was 2-2; referee Jason Whiteley letting play continue after Rhead was taken out and after Hawkridge laid the ball off there was JACK MULDOON to blast into the top corner from the edge of the box.

A Woking counter-attack as they dusted themselves down ended with Robinson firing Andrade's cross well wide whilst at the other end Muldoon needed treatment after taking a knock as Rhead saw his 20-yarder held by Cole.

On he hour mark an off the ball incident off the pitch involving Wood and Daniel Carr brought play to a halt and once things calmed down both players were booked. This proved to be Wood's last involvement as before play restarted he was replaced by Alan Power. James Caton came on for George Maris at the same time.

In the 69th minute great pace from Muldoon saw him get in front of Cameron Norman but his final effort flew well over. Before Cole took the goal-kick, Giuseppe Sole replaced Daniel Carr for Woking.

A couple of minutes later Joey Jones and John Goddard came on for Norman and Matt Butcher whilst the Imps' final switch saw Robbie McDaid replace Jack Muldoon.

After a quiet spell, Hodge was upended by Arthur who picked up an 85th minute yellow card for his troubles. Hawkridge picked out Howe from the free-kick but his header went wide.

Play immediately switched to the other end with a Woking counter attack ending with substitute Goddard slotting home past the advancing Farman.

Four additional minutes petered out with the stuffing knocked out of the Imps, with Chris Moyses ending his managerial tenure on home with defeat.


1    Paul FARMAN
2    Bradley WOOD
7    Jack MULDOON
9    Matt RHEAD
12    Terry HAWKRIDGE
17    Elliot HODGE
18    Lee BEEVERS
21    Matt SPARROW
26    Callum HOWE
29    George MARIS
8    Alan POWER (for WOOD 63)
16    Alex SIMMONS
19    Robbie McDAID (for MULDOON 76)
28    James CATON (for MARIS 63)
13    Aidan GRANT



1    Jake COLE
2    Jake CAPRICE
3    Chris ARTHUR
4    Mark RICKETTS
5    Brian SAAH
8    Kieran MURTAGH
14    Matt ROBINSON
15    Bruno ANDRADE
23    Daniel CARR
26    Cameron NORMAN
28    Matt BUTCHER
7    Joey JONES (for NORMAN 72)
10    Giuseppe SOLE (for CARR 70)
11    John GODDARD (for BUTCHER 72)
12    Godfrey POKU
18    Nick HAMANN




REFEREE: Jason Whiteley
ASSISTANTS: Neil Pratt & Shaun Barry
FOURTH OFFICIAL: Stuart Richardson

ATTENDANCE: 2,518 (59 visiting supporters)