Ziyad Al Oyouni has been named in ‘The 11’ by League Football Education.
Ziyad - who has featured in the Under 18s squad this year - has been recognised for his achievements, both on and off the pitch, by the LFE.
The 11 celebrates achievements on and off the pitch, with players selected by regional officers, who make judgements based on:
• Academic progress
• Football progress
• Other factors - including participation in external initiatives e.g. community work or overcoming adversity of some form.
From a selection of almost 1,200 apprentices across the country, 33 young players will have received the recognition during the 2019-20 season, aligning with college review periods.
The 11 – June 2020:
- Connor Shanks (Bradford City)
- Carl Johnston (Fleetwood Town)
- Alex Henderson (Ipswich Town)
- Stuart McKinstry (Leeds United)
- Wynford Marfo (Leyton Orient)
- Ziyad Al-Oyouni (Lincoln City)
- Ollie Leach (Milton Keynes Dons)
- Ryan Smith (Northampton Town)
- Alex Aoraha (Queens Park Rangers)
- Alex Bonnington (Sheffield Wednesday)
- Yasin Arai (Stevenage)
Academy Manager Jordan McCann told LFE: “Over the past few weeks, he has managed to balance all of the increased pressure and responsibilities that he has had to take on across the life skills programme. This includes evidence of cooking, and applying BTEC information to his own personal physical development.”
“Ziyad’s impeccable application was also reflected in his performances on the pitch prior to the lockdown, where he has continued to show a strong rate of development in his preferred playing position at right full-back.”