Lincoln City have been drawn in Group H (Northern Section) alongside Manchester United U21s, Rotherham United and Doncaster Rovers for the Round One Group Stage of the EFL Trophy.
The format of the EFL Trophy
The 48 Leagues One and Two sides will be entered into the competition, alongside 16 Category One Academy teams (the 16 Academy Clubs will be invited to participate in the Competition based on the final League positions achieved in the preceding season).
The Invited Team will play all group games away.
Each EFL Club will play 2 group games at home.
Clubs will be awarded 3 points for a win, and 1 point for a draw.
In the event of a drawn game after 90 minutes, a penalty shootout will be held with the victorious team gaining an extra point.
- If two or more Clubs are equal on points on completion of the group matches the following criteria are applied in the order give to determine their rankings:
- (A) goal difference;
- (B) higher number of goals scored in the group Matches;
- (C) number of wins (after normal time i.e. not the result of any drawn match followed by penalties)
- (D) the record against each other in the group Match, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference, higher number of goals scored
- (E) if the Clubs still have an equal ranking after the application of (A) to (D), by the drawing of lots
Player Eligibility: For EFL Clubs
- 4 qualifying outfield Players from 10.
- A Club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the Competition.
A qualifying outfield Player will be one who meets any of the following requirements:-
- Any Player who started the previous or following first team fixture.
- Any Player who is in the top 10 Players at the Club who have made the most starting appearances in League and Domestic Cup Competitions that season.
- Any Player with 40 or more First Team appearances in their career.
- Any Player on loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Category One Academy Club.
NB. No Player can appear for 2 different teams in the Competition.