Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a professional footballer: even just for one day? Well now you have the chance to find out.Following the huge success of Lincoln City Youth Academy’s’Pro4Ninety’ match last year this season’s game will be played at Sincil Bank on Saturday 14 May 2016 with a 1.00pm kick off.
Pro4Ninety will see two 'Lincoln City' teams tasting life as a professional footballers playing alongside and being managed by current and former Lincoln City legends.
One team will be managed by two Imps’ Legends of the 80s - Steve Thompson and Glenn Cockerill - and the other by two heroes of Graham Taylor's 1975/76 record breaking team City side - John Ward and Dennis Booth. John and Dennis are back to defend their title following their team’s spectacular 11-3 triumph last May.
Both teams will feature former City players in their squads: Lincoln City Academy scholar and Rotherham United skipper Lee Frecklington will be back at the Bank along with defender Ben Futcher and current City keeper Paul Farman who will be showing off his skills as an outfield player. Further names will be confirmed in the next few days.
Places in the matchday playing squad cost £159 for 90 minutes or £109 for 45. With many of the people who took part last season returning to play again only a small number of places remain available.
Also available at a cost of £149 is one place in each of the management teams assisting Steve and Glenn or John and Dennis with selection and tactics.
To be part of what is certain to be another hugely popular occasion simply email email@example.com stating whether you would like a 90 minute, 45 minute or management team place. Places will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
As well as experiencing life as a footballer the benefits package includes:
• 45 or 90 minutes playing time alongside City legends in a team managed by a former City legends
• Your own match kit, including shirt with your name on, to keep
• Complimentary copy of the pre-match team photo
• Complimentary copy of the matchday programme
• 50 –word pen picture in the matchday programme
• Post-match food and presentations with the players and Lincoln City legends
• Name on team-sheet and on scoreboard
• A chance to be voted Man of the Match by the Directors of the Day and receive the MoM trophy to keep
• £25 discount on price of an executive box for the match (full price £100)
• A Lincoln City rain jacket with your initials on to keep (management team places only)
• Take part in the pre/post-match press conferences (management team places only)
The two team captains, Ryan Calvert and Stevie Hazelden, will be conducting the draw for which players go into each team at Lincoln City’s home game against Chester on 9th April.
A report of the match will appear in the Lincolnshire Echo and on the Academy and Lincoln City websites. A DVD with commentary by Lincoln City’s website matchday team will be available to purchase after the game.
Full details of the packages available can be found HERE
A match report from the game can be read HERE
We can be heroes; just for one day!