Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 14:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
04 September 2022 Venue Soper of Lincoln Elite Performance Centre Attendance

Kick off 14:00 (UK)

Lincoln City
8 - 3
Leek Town
Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Lineup will be displayed here shortly before the game

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Imps 8 Leek Town 3

4 September 2022

A hat-trick from Jess Rousseau helped Lincoln City Women get their season up and running with a dominating victory over Leek Town.

The visitors were full of confidence having enjoyed a good start to the season, and took the lead inside the opening minute.

City drew level with 12 minutes on the clock when when Millie Fugler headed home Leah Hardy's inswinging free-kick for her first goal since signing for the club.

That opened the floodgates, with the Imps taking the lead just 60 seconds later. Chantelle Robinson got away down the right before crossing for Lauryn Wilcock to fire home.

Robinson made it 3-1 two minutes after that, getting on the end of Amy Kay's through ball before rounding Leek goalkeeper Beth Cottrell and firing home.

That four minute spell had put the Imps firmly in control of the game, and a second flurry of goals on the half-hour mark put the result behind doubt.

Rousseau collected a short cross from Robinson, rounded the keeper and hit the back of the net.

Within a minute of the restart, she once again got one-on-one with the keeper She calmly sidestepped Cottrell and scored her second.

She almost managed a three minute hat-trick but was denied by a diving save from Cottrell.

Hardy made it 6-1 after 36 minutes when she was brought down just outside the box. She dusted herself off to fire the ball into the top-left corner past the outstretched hand of Cottrell.

Robinson was quick off the mark in the second half, scoring her second goal two minutes after the restart.

The visitors did pull one back and steadied the shop somewhat, limiting the Imps to just one further goal as Rousseau fired into the top-right corner from distance after 73 minutes.

Leek pulled back one more late strike, but it was little consolation as the home side ran out comfortable winners.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account