Lincoln City FC Academy is committed to continually ensuring the safeguarding and wellbeing of all children and vulnerable adults directly connected with our range of activities, and to providing a safe and suitable environment for all those children and vulnerable adults attending our premises. Our staff handbook contains all of the club’s policies and procedures and is in included in the appendix of the APP.
The staff handbook is made available to all involved at Lincoln City FC and is stored on the shared drive for relevant stakeholders and staff to access. Liam Scully (CEO) has overall responsibility for safeguarding within the football club although Richard Parnell has recently been appointed into the Head of Safeguarding (HOS) role. The HOS and Academy DSO Paul Metheringham meet weekly at the club operational meeting which takes place at 09.00am every Monday morning. Lincoln City FC Academy’s safeguarding provision is continuously monitored by PGAAC, The EFL and Barnardo’s.
Aims and Objectives
- Safeguard all children and vulnerable adults who interact with Lincoln City FC Academy activities.
- Demonstrate best practice in the area of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Develop a positive and pro-active welfare programme to enable all children, young persons and vulnerable adults to participate in an enjoyable and safe environment.
- Promote high ethical standards throughout Lincoln City FC Academy activities underpinned by a culture of accountability.
- Actively search and seek out ways to continuously improve our safeguarding provision.